Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reflection

After finishing this ACE project, I realize that I was unaware of many things about Singapore's history. For example, I did not know why Whampoa Road had such an interesting name even though I have been there countless times. Now, I realize the importance of history. Only by studying history can I uncover the origins and beginnings of our present society and understand it better.

Additionally, I have refined my researching skills during the course of searching for information on Whampoa Hoo Ah Kay. I had to slog through numerous library books and crawl the entire World Wide Web in search of the relevant information I needed. As a result, not only do I now know a lot more about Singapore's founding fathers, but also improved my skills at researching and collborating data!

Furthermore, I initially disliked this ACE assignment as I had the mindset that "History= Boring!". However, throughout the course of creating this profile of one of Singapore's pioneers, I have learned how interesting and exciting history can be. Thus, I look forward to completing the next ACE project!

No comments:

Post a Comment